Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I have truly miss you all.

"No matter how far off the pedestal the character fell -
they always got a second chance.
Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts the Lord
has given us. With it come understanding."
Arthur Unknown
 
 
I have missed everyone in blogland terribly and ask for your forgiveness in being gone so long. I knew it had been a long time but when I saw it was July 12 th since my last post it really made me sad. I truly love reading all your blogs and posting small bits about my life. When I started blogging I had all the free time in the world and life was going just how I had always planned it to be. My kids are both grown up and have left the nest. I still worry about them but not as much as I did when they lived at home and I knew about their every move. Little did I know that taking in a little girl would change our lives so much, after all I had raised two of my own. This summer was quite an adjustment period for us. I was sure as soon as school started I would get a small part of my life back. Boy was I wrong. We knew our niece came to us far below her grade level and her school and homework habits were lacking tremendously. So my leisure days of stitching and blogging had to put on the back burner. During the day I try and get as much done as possible because as soon as the school bell rings my work is cut out for me. Doing homework was really putting a stress on the household not to mention her everyday chores. She has been in school about 2 months now and we are finally getting into a routine. It is not perfect but is now at least tolerable. I have manged to do some stitching. I had to just to save my sanity. But blogging was non-existent. 
I ask for your forgiveness as I try and get back into reading. I have missed it so much and really need it back into my life.
 
To Bekca - The Stitching Lion, I really need to ask for forgiveness and apologize for being so tarty in posting about your wonderful gift. Many months ago Becka announced she was going to give a gift away one a month for a bloggers birthday. I won the July birthday. Her little gift arrived when I most needed it. It truly lifted my spirits.
 
First the package arrived and I was sure it must be my invitation to the royal wedding. I couldn't imagine what took so long.
 
 

Inside was beautiful ribbons and floss all in my favorite pink. She included a cute summer stitching kit. Thank you Bekca it really brightened my day.

Pam at Confessions of a Southern Stitcher sent me a pick me up package.


She knows I have a big weakness for a frosted cookies. Well I can say they were both enjoyed with a nice cup of tea.


She also stitched me this cute little pillow. I love the rick-rack in the corners. Thank you Pam it really lifted my spirits.

Over the summer I also received a nice letter from Mouse - Tales of a stitching mouse. I am afraid when I returned her letter that I may have rambled a bit. I might have used her more as a therapist and not so much as a friend. Thank you Mouse for the wonderful letter.

When I last posted I was working on ornaments for a tree we are raffling off at church. Two of us stitched the 40 ornaments that would adorn the tree. They were in a magazine titled the "School Nativity". Well I managed to get my 20 done.

 
I have been doing some other stitching and hope to post more regular. I told Pam I was embarrassed to come back to blogging because it had been too long. She encouraged me to return and said bloggers are understanding. So I ask you to please forgive me of my long absence. I am going to try and get caught on my blog reading. I know I can never go back and read over 3 months worth but I will try real hard to keep in touch.
 
 
" If you are never scared, embarrassed or hurt, it means
you never take chances."
Julia Soul
 
Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa



 

24 comments:

pam said...

Welcome Back! With a big Hug from the deep south.

Cole said...

No apologies are necessary! I think that's the greatest thing about the bloggy community, you're always welcomed with open arms! I'm glad to hear your household is adjusting, those are huge changes all around.

cucki said...

hello deary..me so happy to see your post..
what yummy goodies you received..
hugs cucki xxx

Vickie said...

So happy to hear from you. Hang in there and keep praying. God bless you all.♥

Dawn said...

So happy you have found some room to breathe and check in. Wonderful to have you back!

Karen said...

Welcome back! We missed you :) God brought you to my heart just yesterday and I found myself praying for you and your family. I love it when He does that. What a fun surprise to see your post this morning. Have a blessed day!

Lesleyanne said...

Welcome back. You have been missed. Glad things are settling down a little for you.

Melissa said...

Welcome back!

Sometimes life gets in the way and there's just nothing you can do about it! We've all been there and done that! So no apologies needed at allllll.

Melissa

Cath said...

So good to see you back, of course you have other priorities right now , but things will get easier for you all.
You've made some lovely ornies, they will be really appreciated.
Take care .XXX

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Absolutely NO apology necessary! For heaven's sake you have taken on a lot to nurture and raise a young girl in need. I understand the homework and trying to catch up....one of my boys struggled in school and we had to put forth a whole lotta effort to see him through. God will bless you for taking care of her. Glad you are back and come again when you can!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Absolutely NO apology necessary! For heaven's sake you have taken on a lot to nurture and raise a young girl in need. I understand the homework and trying to catch up....one of my boys struggled in school and we had to put forth a whole lotta effort to see him through. God will bless you for taking care of her. Glad you are back and come again when you can!

Sarah said...

Welcome back! It's so nice to see you posting. Don't feel guilty at all though, there are some things that are far more important than blogging!

carol fun said...

Don't fret over your absence - I think we all knew that this new situation was going to be a life change that was going to take a lot of your time and energy. Glad you've found a bit of stitching time. I find in times of stress it is mental therapy that is sorely needed. Post when you can but don't feel guilty - life is complicated and we are all doing the best we can -- Take care and here's hoping things continue to improve! Hugs -

Bekca said...

There is absolutely no need to apologise at all, I'm just glad to see you back in the blogging community :) I'm so glad my little parcel arrived at the right time for you. This year has been a real whirlwind for you, but I'm pleased your stitching is helping you relax, even for just a little while.
Best wishes.

Lainey said...

Welcome back Teresa we;ve really missed you but please there is no need to apologise to anyone. Family comes first in all our lives and no one is more understanding than our dear stitching friends. I;m glad that you are all settling into a easier routine and you are finding some time to relax and stitch. Your ornies are so sweet. Hang in there and just take one day at a time. Take care, hugs!

Mouse said...

helloooo *passes large mug of tea over ... so lovely to see you on here ... got another letter to reply to yours to finish ... only started it about 6 weeks ago ... time flies when you are busy ...lol
glad you have got into a sort of routine and you have managed to get some stitching done too :)
take care and that letter will get to you soon :) love mouse xxxx

Catherine said...

So wonderful to see a post form you. I have imagined that you were very busy with all that has happened in your lives. Your niece is truly lucky to have you ~ so glad to hear a routine is forming for her.
Our stitching can be such a healing thing to do ~ I hope you find time for a little each day and it helps soothe your heart.
Hugs!

Denise said...

Glad to see you back! Being a full time mom takes some getting used to. Happy to see you stitching again! I'm sure things will continue to settle down.

Tricia T said...

I'm so glad that you posted! I've wondered how you and she were doing. I've been busy with my Mom in the hospital and keep meaning to drop a note in the mail.... someday!! Your little nativity characters are precious. I'll be praying that you'll get a little more time to stitch and relax!!

Patty C. said...

So glad to hear from you! Have fun with your stitching & good luck keeping up with your new routine ;)

Deborah said...

I am so glad that you are back! We understand the that the changes to your life are great. I am glad that you are getting some stitching in.

butterfly said...

Lovely to have you back.
Great gifts. and your stitching is looking great , such allot of lovely ornaments.
Some times life can be hard most of us have been there. But as you can see we bloggers are always here.
Big hugs.

Anne said...

Teresa, I'm glad you are back and that Anna has settled into a routine, albeit it hard at times. Like I said in my email, I have been busy too...it's how life goes. I have often thought of sending you a card, then I would get caught up in something or other and forget! Terrible forgetfulness on my part!! What sweet little packages from around the world!!

Hugs

Anne

Kathy A. said...

Welcome back hon. We all understood that settling your niece into her new life was much more important. You have been missed and I look forward to your future posts.