Monday, June 20, 2011

Some finishes and a journey.......

"Focus on the journey.
Joy is found not in finishing an activity,
but in doing it."
Greg Anderson

   I have both joy in doing and finishing these projects. I showed you these pieces before, now they are all finished and ready for display.

This pillow was my first attempt at making the diagonal corners. I know you quilters have a name for it and I am sure a much easier way to do them.

The "Liberty Lane" pillow is just tacked on with the buttons. The simple little pillow has a red checked backing.


This is the front and back of my little scissor fob that will be traveling to Friday Harbour, WA. She likes to sew and collects Mermaids.

Now for the journey part of my title. I am so excited to be going to visit my son. My husband, daughter and I are taking a quick (maybe not so quick since we are driving) trip up to North Dakota. We are leaving early, early Wednesday morning. I can't wait for our first stop in Utah to have breakfast at a Cracker Barrel, they are my favorite. On the way up we are stopping at the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead in South Dakota.
My son just got an apartment in Grand Forks after serving a year in South Korea. He has nothing so it will be fun to help him stock up. Since we will be driving a truck I told my husband we can't go with it empty.
Here is what I have so far.

The two flat things in the back are a coffee table and end table from IKEA's special of the week. There is also a book shelf that was Target's special. There's a rice cooker, hand mixer, hot water pot, wok, beginner cook book, cookie sheets, tool kit, lots of his favorite candies and treats. You can even see a cactus my daughter thought would remind him of California.  I feel like it is Christmas in June. He has been in the Air Force for 6 years and I sometimes feel like he gets left out at the holidays being stationed so far away. He has also done 2 tours in Iraq. I do send him lots of care packages but not the same as seeing him open them. I am just so excited to be able to go visit even for just a couple of days. On our way home we plan on seeing Mt Rushmore. Something I have always wanted to see. I hope to find a few needlework shops along the way. I see Nordic Needle is in Fargo.

I see I have my 100th follower. I will post a give away real soon, so keep looking. Maybe I will find something special on the trip to add to it.

Alway keep love in your stitches,
Teresa

17 comments:

Catherine said...

Great finishes!!! Yay for your son being back in the States!!!! Enjoy your visit and have a safe journey!!

CalamityJr said...

Love your finishes. What a special visit with your son, and I rejoice with you that he's back home. Enjoy your visit!

Deborah said...

Love the patriotic finishes! Have a wonderful visit with your son.

Lesleyanne said...

Your finishes are gorgeous. Enjoy your visit to your son and have a safe journey.

Mouse said...

oooo wonderful pillows :) its mitred corners you have done there :)glad you are able to go and see your DS and that you can take one or two goodies with you ..lol .. have a great time and hope you manage to call into one or two LNS on the way back :) take care and happy stitching love mouse xxx

carol fun said...

Beautiful pieces - I especially love the mermaid. Just too cute! Have a great time visiting your son. It is such fun to be able to spoil them a bit and get them established in their own place- Have a wonderful time!

Theresa said...

Love your pillow finishes!!! So nice to be able to visit your son!! Enjoy your trip!!

Anne said...

Lovely pillows Teresa! They turned out great! The button pillow is my favourite. Your son will be very happy with all those great gifts!

Blu Stitcher said...

What wonderful Finishes !!! Looks like you got some great deals.

natalysneedle said...

Have a wonderful visit with your son. I know how much you must miss him. Congrats on 100 followers.

Patty Marker said...

The pillow turned out so pretty. Enjoy your trip to see your son. A am your 101st follower...;)

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Fantastic finishes. Have a great journey and enjoy spoiling your son.

Carol said...

Your work is so pretty, Theresa! Love those pillows. I'm working on the little Liberty Belles design myself right now--just began it last night!!

How exciting about your trip to ND--enjoy seeing Mt. Rushmore in SD and have a wonderful time with your son--looks like he's in for some big treats from you :)

pam said...

Your pillows look great! Enjoy the Cracker Barrel stops. I know that is the real reason you travel:)
Christopher is getting Christmas in June.

Valerie said...

Beautiful finishes, Teresa! I am jealous!

Best of luck with your son's move! Hope you find some great needleworks shops on the way!

Nancy said...

Lovely pillow finishes! That fob is too cute! Know you are so excited about seeing your son, enjoy yourself! Hope it's a great visit!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've done some beautiful finishing!

What a wonderful thing you're doing for your son!!! I'm sure he'll appreciate all of it.

Have a great road trip!