Sunday, October 20, 2013

More on relaxing at the beach.

"Relaxation means releasing all concerns and
letting the natural order of life flow through ones being."
Donald Curtis
 
 
I have had no troubles releasing all concerns. Days of stitching with no schedule to live by is the true meaning of relaxing.
 
To help us prepare for sitting and stitching while looking out into the ocean I made these items for Pam and I. We decided we would have a sea theme to our stitching area and you can't stitch without something hot or cold to drink. Of course you need a mug rug for them to sit on and you never know when you will need some tissues.
 
 
I ordered the By The Bay stitch an inch when they first came out and of course needed the holder, not one but two. When they arrived I put them aside to stitch at a later date. When going through my stash for sea theme stuff they were found again and now I know why I ordered two.
 
 
 
We each had the mermaid needle minder to help us not lose our important stitching tool. Well we now needed something to put our Orts in so this was between us to share.
 
 
Sorry it came outside ways. I also needed an extra pair of scissor and of course they needed their own fob, so here was my extra.
 

 
Friday night was a stitching goodie bag exchange. You were to put at least 25.00 worth of stitching items into a creative container. My was a sea themed sewed tote bag filled with many fun items. My theme was a gift from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean.
 

 
Boy was I spoiled with the Red, White and Blue themed bag and goodies I received.


 
I will post next about the Christmas ornament exchange and some of the friends we have met.
 
 
Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa






9 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! You really, really put effort into your gifts and exchanges! Fabulous.

butterfly said...

great gift exchanges, hope you have loads of fun.

cucki said...

Beautiful gifts..
Enjoy my dear
Hugs x

Karen said...

I love all the details you put into your trip :) Those scissor fobs are just so cute! What a thoughtful friend you are. Thanks for sharing :)

gracie said...

Great exchange and sounds like fun.

Simply Victoria said...

What fun seaside things for your stitching area and your gifts are awesome.

Morena Rosa said...

Olá, amei seu blog... muitos bordados magníficos!!!

Seguindo com o maior prazer!!!

Beijinhos!!!
Rô!!!
http://morenarosagraficos.blogspot.com

Bekca said...

Your hand made goodies are lovely. I can't wait to see what you create with the lovely exchange bits you received :)
Best wishes.

Catherine said...

What fabulous goodies!!