Friday, October 18, 2013

Relaxing and Stitching

"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation,
for when you come back to your work your judgement
will be surer.
So some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in a glance
and lack of,  harmony and proportion is more readily seen."
Leonardo da Vince
 
Well I guess you can say I have gone some distance to find some wonderful relaxation. I am now 2559 miles from home. After my flight into Atlanta I was picked up at the curb by Pam, Confessions of a Southern Stitcher, and off we headed. Our first stop was Augusta, Ga where we dined at my favorite Cracker Barrel. We decided that was also a good place to stay for the night. After much talking and catching up we woke up to start again on our journey. About four hours later we arrived in Myrtle Beach for the Stitching Pals Retreat put on by Amy of Down Sunshine Lane.
 

Here is the wonderful view from our sea side room. If you open the balcony door we can hear the waves crashing against the shore. Pure heaven.

There are several exchanges you can participate in. Last night was the fall one. I stitched this little pillow.

 
 
This was the cute pillow I received in the exchange. I think the turkey with his long neck is so fun.



What fun for Pam and I to meet fellow bloggers. Here is Faye, Carolina Stitcher and Karen, Karen's Handiwork. They both are just as sweet as can be with all the southern charm. Faye brought some of her finished stitching and believe me as nice as it looks on the blog in person it is just beautiful. She really does a wonderful job.

 
 
Karen passed out these cute little homemade goodies. Cute to look at and also filled with wonderful treats. 

 
 
Off to do some more stitching. Will let you know what tonight's exchange brings.
 
Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa


7 comments:

Vickie said...

Glad to know you are there and having fun Teresa!

cucki said...

Aww so much fun you having :)
Sweet pillow
Big hugs x

Rowyn said...

Sounds like fun, and wow love that view from your room.

Catherine said...

So much fun ~ wish I was there!! Can't wait to see more!

Hi, welcome to my blog. said...

I guess I'll have to take up stiching...Have a great time!

Karen said...

Oh my....I look like a little old lady with that hair and glasses. What's up with that?????

So glad to meet you and Pam... so much fun to be around. Hope to meet y'all again!

Bekca said...

It looks like you're having a lovely time so far. Enjoy all of the goodies!
Best wishes.