Monday, October 14, 2013

My bags are packed

"Vacation is what you take when you can't take
what you've been taking any longer."
Arthur Unknown
 
My bags are all packed and just waiting until morning when I can fly away. I leave bright and early for my first destination, Atlanta. Pam will drive from Alabama and pick me and we will both hit the road. Not sure where the first night will take us but on Wednesday we will arrive at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I can't wait for a relaxing retreat by the beach hosted by Down Sunshine Lane. Not to mention meeting some bloggers. That is always exciting to me.
I will post from our sea side room and let you know how things are going.
 
A while back in a comment some one suggested I change my profile since adding my niece to the family. To be honest things were not going that well and I just wasn't ready. My son was home a bit this summer after leaving the Air Force after over eight years before he started his new adventure of going back to school. We took this rare opportunity to take a new family picture.  Things have been going well at home now and so I am now at a point to add my niece to the family picture so you will notice I have now changed my profile picture to include us all.
 
 
I just have to mention our dear blogger friend Cathey, most commonly known as Pumpkin. I was sadden to hear of her passing. She saw in a post once I got my first ornament magazine in an exchange and she had a few extras sitting around and shared a couple with me. To thank her I sent her a monkey to stitch his bib and some monkey burp clothes. It was so exciting reading her posts of the upcoming birth and later the monthly photos of her adorable little "Junior". Many prayers go out to her family and friends.
 
 
"Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted."
Matthew 5:4
 
Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa


7 comments:

Justine said...

Just found your beautiful blog. I hope you have a relaxing time on your holiday.

cucki said...

Have lots of fun dear x

Kate said...

Enjoy your retreat. I heard the news of Cathey, very sad indeed, she touched many lives.

Vickie said...

What a lovely new picture!
Have a fabulous, fun time.
I actually remember the monkey items. ;)

Simply Victoria said...

Have a fun time! Hope it is refreshing for you.

Bekca said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on holiday. I look forward to reading all about it.
Best wishes.

Catherine said...

Catching up on some blog reading ~ great new family pic!