Monday, August 15, 2011

A Wonderful Relaxing Weekend

"I still find each day too short for
 all the thoughts I want to think,
all the walks I want to take,
all the books I want to read,
and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs



I would also add all the charts I want to stitch. I did have a very relaxing and wonderful camping weekend. We were only about 10 miles from home but when I looked out my trailer door you felt like 100 miles away.
It is a small man made lake where I watched boats just go round and round in a circle. On Saturdays no boats are allowed only jet skis. If you look in the middle back behind the white wall is the freeway so we really were not far from civilization.

In the peace of the weekend I worked on "Grumpy". Here is Grumpy.

Of sorry that is the real Grumpy by brother who wanted me stitch the peace. I just walked up and took his picture and he looked at me and said "What's that for". I said "I don't know maybe for my bloggers". My nephew started laughing saying watch out my pig and I made her blog. I don't know why my family is afraid to show up in a blog. OK here is the real "Grumpy"

I have tried 3 times to get not going sideways. Oh well here he is anyway. My brother wants me to make it a flat fold. My question to you is, would you put some kind of boarder on first or maybe give him some ground to be standing on? He just looks a little plain to me. I will put some matching cording around the flat fold and am not sure if that is enough.

I see during the weekend I have some new followers. Welcome, don't let "Grumpy" scare you away I am now going back to my regular stitching.  I am trying hard to reply back to my comments and leave more comments, but I am out there reading them. I am just a work in progress and am trying to get better every day. I do appreciate all your visits and comments.

Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa

18 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Wow you stitched that one up quick. He does kind of look like your brother. I recently saw a Tshirt at the disney store that said All Grumpy all the time!! It made me think of you and laugh.

pam said...

maybe a few weeds rising around his feet! Still jealous of your view. now back to all those fall projects

Jennifer M. said...

Grumpy came out great. Maybe a border around him plus some cording to finish would look perfect. Just my two cents. ;)

That view of the lake looks lovely. I'm already counting down the days till my next vacation. Can't wait!

Jen

Catherine said...

What a pretty view you had!! Loved the pic of Grumpy - both real and stitched!! I'd probably put some grass around his feet first - then if it still needed something, I'd do a border. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

carol fun said...

Love the view! I think the stitched Grumpy would be fine with just some cording. It looks like you had a lovely time - peace and quiet - my kind of getaway.

Teresa S. said...

I think brightly colored cording is all he needs-very cute!

Barb said...

Oh the pics say it all ,sounds as if you had a lovely weekend.Are you stitching the other 6!

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing weekend.
Great shots of both the grumpys!
I would probably add a border or perhaps some festive cording.

cucki said...

wow..very lovely view..and grumpy came out so lovely..
keep well xx

Mouse said...

love the grumpy heheheh and mmm a wee bit of grass at his feet should do it :) love mouse xxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Grumpy looks great I wouldn't add anything I think a nice cord around the flat fold will be enough.

mdgtjulie said...

I think your Grumpy is fab. Both of them, lol. I wouldn't add a thing to him. He looks great as is!! Now that he's out of the way, what are you stitching on?

Pumpkin said...

ROFL!!!! Omigosh, he actually DOES look like Grumpy! Glad you had a nice time camping :o)

Congrats on your finish. I'm sorry but I don't have any ideas for you :o(

Lesleyanne said...

Great views on your camping trip. Your Grumpy's are great. I think cording is all the stitched Grumpy needs.

Mary Ann said...

It looks like you had a lovely place to camp. And, Grumpy does look a little like your brother--nice finish! I think just a little grass at his feet would be a nice addition.

Nancy said...

Fast work on Grumpy! Grass under his feet might anchor him better.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

So cute! Glad you had a relaxing time too!

sana said...

Lovely stitch!
Thanks for stopping by my little corner and leave me a comment!