Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Have No CONTROL!!!!

"Do the hardest thing on earth for you.
Act for yourself. Face the truth."
Katherine Mansfield

    OK I am facing the truth, I have no control in a LNS. I see all the pretty colors and delightful charts and they are all calling my name. Oh well it's just my kids inheritance I'm spending. They will get along just fine.


    I went with the intentions of getting the thread I needed to finish up Liberty Lane. That was 2 colors. Count them there are 20 new colors. Yes you can also see two new pairs of scissors. I know I have a lot of scissors but I like fobs and those just called out to be attached to a colorful new fob. I also got a spool of thread and a package of beads. You ask why did I need 20 new colors.


     I couldn't resist buying five new LHN charts. While I was there I needed to get the threads for them. What will I stitch these new charts on. If you look close in each picture they are laying on a brand new piece of linen. You might say to yourself she didn't do too bad, but I most confess.


    I have never done a needle roll and this was a kit, it came with everything. Right next to the needle roll was this fun bunny tin. How could I resist, it even came with the tin of mints. Both of these are cute bunny patterns that I might save until next Easter. A girl needs to plan ahead.

    To top off the day on the way home we drive by Knott's Berry Farm so we stopped at the restaurant and had a wonderful fried chicken lunch with all the trimmings. Nothing like a good old fashion lunch to ease the buying guilt. Well all this confessing is making me tired. I am going to go work on decorating Liberty Lane.

Always keep love in your stitches,
Teresa

15 comments:

Tricia T said...

LOL, Teresa! Too funny! You are going to love those scissors, though. I have at least 2 or 3 pairs of them myself and they are some of my very favorites. Who is the designer of the adorable bunny tin? It's precious!

Nancy said...

That shop owner must have loved having you for a customer! LOL It is so hard to have self control when you see all those pretty charts and threads. Love all your choices! Especially love the bunny tin (I love bunnies!), who is the designer?

CalamityJr said...

Maybe I shall now quit agonizing over not having an LNS, and be grateful that I don't have to worry about my self-control! No? Well, truthfully, I'm really sorry I can't go have as much fun as you did, lol.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new stash. Look forward to seeing you stitch them.

Mouse said...

ooooo naughty girl ..lol but love your style oooooo yummmyyyy stash and squeak if you need help with the needle rolls ok :0 and a girl can never have toooooo many scissors ;0 love mouse xxxx

Lucie said...

Ohhh Teresa, you are a girl after my own heart. I love, love, love your new stash :) look forward to seeing all your lovely things being used :)

natalysneedle said...

Love it all!! Looks like you have lots of stitching in your future.

Kate said...

I'm sure that many many more of us would do exactly as you did!
Lovely new stash - looking forward to seeing how these projects develop.

Unknown said...

Rofl Teresa am so glad to see you have as much restraint as myself. Super well done on the lovely new stash. What can you do when they call your name and yes the children will be fine without an inheritance they shall have some lovely pieces of your wonderful stitching. Can't wait to see all your new projects now.

pam said...

Wonderful new stash. Love the LHN charts and the bunny tin. Can you every really have enough fabric, fibers and certianly never enough scissors? What if there was a fob floating around without one. How neglected would it be? Good job!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. (Note my blog name.) The guilt will ease up soon....as soon as the credit card is paid off! LOL

Have fun stitching!

Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com

SheilasEmbroidery said...

We all know the feeling, it's not that we need, we just want such pretty things. Don't fret.

Wagapapa said...

Wow! You will be very busy :D
I love your new stash, it's great!

Anonymous said...

Great haul, I don't think I'd have much will power either if my LNS stock such lovely things. Mine only has bog-standard DMC and aida, so I tend to do all my shopping online

Anne said...

Amazing stash collection! I'm kinda glad I don't have an LHN anywhere for 1000kms because I would be very bad and spend far too much when I see all the pretty colours up close. Looking forward to seeing your needleroll and your new charts started!!